A predicted and good line-up chosen, despite missing Choudhury from the picked 11, but again you can’t play with 12 players.
Despite agreeing in the team chosen, the start of the game was a repeated copy of many games this season, letting in an early goal and not really being focused or it seems top drilled for the event.
But after that terrible start things turned a bit and it was Leicester City who created some good chances and just before the end of first half, a great header from Ben Chilwell found Harry Maguire inside the penalty area, and the England defender placed the ball perfectly behind Alisson in the Liverpool goal.
2nd half was as predicted, with Liverpool trying and trying going forward with their attacking force, but a good organized defense and a good goalkeeper stopped all attempts.
Leicester City could have taken the lead twice, first with a great chance for Maddison and later a counter attacked started by Maddison, playing up Vardy who then makes a perfect pass to Gray, and surely Gray should have passed instead of trying a terrible shot, Maddison was totally open on the other side.
To be fair, Liverpool should have been rewarded a penalty, but Leicester had a few decisions not going in their direction either, so all in all it was an even affair, but surely you should expect more from referees, luckily they never whistled for a penalty.
Puel made everything correct, put on Choudhury who ran his socks of and really contributed when he came on for Maddison, and hopefully he will get more chances, the youngster is proven quality.
A great battle and not easy to come down from Anfield and Liverpool with anything, this time a point tasted good. We are now waiting for Man Utd at home on Sunday and hopefully another fire of a game to look forward to.
- Maguire leading the way, great defending, great goal
- Coming back after being 1-0 down, shows strength and carachter
- All players fighting really well
- Solid performance from Kasper Schmeichel
- Fielding a side you believe is the best, not juggling around
- Yellow cards to Chilwell, Pereira and Maguire
- Being unfocused in start of games
- Player Ratings: Schmeichel 7. Pereira 6, Chilwell 7, Maguire 8, Evans 6, Ndidi 7, Mendy 7, Gray 6, Albrighton 7, Vardy 7, Maddison 6, Subs: Choudhury, Okazaki, Iheanacho
Match Stats: H/A
- Possession: 68 / 32
- Corners: 7 / 1
- Shots on target: 1 / 4
- Shots wide: 6 / 1
- Fouls: 13 / 6
- Offsides: 4 / 3