The pre-season has been a good one for Leicester with their final game against Sevilla not really giving us any clues regarding possible transfers out.
What we did see was a Brendan Rodgers without a settled team for the opener vs. Brentford with a number of changes possible.
The problem regarding Youri Tielemans is again the price as Leicester do have a calculator and still a season left to get the Belgian to turn his head around. He loves it at Leicester with Arsenal knowing they can have him if the price is correct. So far no bids are seen, but you can see this transfer coming late in the window if Arsenal decides to make action. Tottenham, Newcastle and Manchester United looks out of the question as the player himself do have set his eyes on Arsenal or being where he is.
Wesley Fofana is wanted by Chelsea some say. He is “not for sale” according to reports. But a bid close to £80million would be what it would take to bring the French U.21 star to Stamford Bridge. He is that good and with him in the team Leicester will be challenging for top four.
Harvey Barnes and James Maddison are other players being linked with Newcastle and Tottenham, and we do not believe any of them would consider moves to those clubs at the moment. Of course Newcastle will show muscles and try to get one or two star players in as they rebuild to become another major force in English football.
Luke Thomas has been seen as a target for West Ham. He is a good left sided defender and also at time been seen as a possible choice for Gareth Southgate as a cover alternative. He has England U.21 caps and regarded as one of the best young English players in his position. Luke Thomas is currently behind Timothy Castagne and James Justin as a left back alternative and with the correct bid he would probably be a player that could follow Jeffrey Schlupp as him being in a similar situation.
Jannik Vestergaard has been linked with Everton, Brentford and recently Fulham. A move might be possible and we believe in this as a calculated move to happen. Leicester are looking to get some sort of price in the region of £10million.
Dennis Preat is back at Leicester and his name is in demand, but the likes of Torino and Fiorentina not really interested in paying a transfer fee as high as Leicester do like it to be. Bouba Soumare was seen in the rumour mill regarding a move to Monaco but it looks silent at the moment.
Kasper Schmeichel do have Danny Ward and Daniel Iversen as well as Kasper Schmeichel to use as goalkeepers, and we do not believe a move for a goalkeeper will happen with all three still at the club. A number of Championship clubs are linked with Iversen, Nice are said to be after Schmeichel and Ward looks as a safe stay at this moment.
Caglar Soyuncu did not play against Sevilla and has been on the fringe in pre-season as he looks a likely departure, but only if Inter Milan or Real Madrid are coming. Atletico Madrid are also been linked with the Turkey international. This is a possible sale, but only if Wesley Fofana is staying at the club.
Players on the fringe at Leicester do have contracts almost impossible for clubs outside Premier League to compete with, but in a week or two loan moves can happen as we do believe Brendan Rodgers have no intentions of trying to keep players not able to contribute.
Here is the list and how we rate a possible departure and the clubs seen linked with each player. It will not happen much but if Wesley Fofana moves on and a bid of around £80million comes in we will see some changes possible.
- Danny Ward, (None) Stay
- Daniel Iversen, (West Brom, Middlesbrough, Sunderland) ?
- Kasper Schmeichel, (Nice) ?
- Timothy Castagne (Inter) Stay
- Ricardo Pereira (None) Stay
- James Justin (None) Stay
- Caglar Soyuncu (Inter, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid) ?
- Jonny Evans (None) Stay
- Wesley Fofana (Chelsea) ?
- Luke Thomas (West Ham) ?
- Daniel Amartey (None) Stay
- Ryan Bertrand (None) Loan ?
- Jannik Vestergaard (Everton, Brentford, Fulham) Sale
- Callum Wright (None) Loan ?
- Bouba Soumare (Monaco) Sale, Loan ?
- James Maddison (Newcastle, Tottenham) Stay
- Youri Tielemans (Arsenal, Newcastle, Real Madrid, Tottenham) Sale ?
- Dennis Praet (Torino, Fiorentina) Stay
- Kiernan Dewsbuy-Hall (None) Stay
- Marc Albrighton (None) Stay
- Wilfred Ndidi (Real Madrid, Liverpool) Stay
- Nampalys Mendy (Galatasaray) Loan, Sale ?
- Hamza Choudhury (West Bromwich, Middlesbrough, Everton) Loan, Sale ?
- Harvey Barnes (Newcastle) Stay
- Ayoze Perez (Villareal, Real Betis, Everton, Newcastle) Sale ?
- Jamie Vardy (Chelsea) Stay
- Kelechi Iheanacho (None) Stay
- Patson Daka (None) Stay
- George Hirst (Portsmouth) Loan ?
CHECK YOUR FOOTBALL RESULTS
CHECK YOUR FOOTBALL STORIES AND TRANSFER TALK