Brendan Rodgers made new changes for the home clash v. Crystal Palace, and this time he hit bulls eye with his selection. You could see that the players were eager to go and had the right attitude and approach.
Kelechi Iheanacho showed that he and Jamie Vardy can play alongside each other, which gives Brendan Rodgers yet another alternative. Leicester City were the better team from start and pushed for an early goal.
James Justin came close with a shot in the post early on, and he had a good game today the England U.21 international. Not easy to replace a player of that calibre. Leicester City pushed forward but without getting a goal and Crystal Palace slowly got a chance to catch up.
Ben Chilwell had a struggle with his foot after a tackle in the first half and Brendan Rodgers decided to replace him and give a debut to Ryan Bennett, who joined on loan from Wolves in January. Bennett showed his quality straight away and gave the defence more solidity.
Youri Tielemans finally found Kelechi Iheanacho with a grand pass form the left and the Nigerian had no difficulty scoring from close distance. This was so vital for the team and gave more power that eventually would result in more goals.
Brendan Rodgers made changes to the line-up with Dennis Praet, Christian Fuchs, Harvey Barnes and Hamza Choudhury asll coming in and helping the team pushing on for more goals.
Crystal Palace had a number of chances in the 2nd half, but they were not able to score and a fatal error in defence allowed Harvey Barnes to serve Jamie Vardy with a short and accurate pass and no problems for Jamie to score his 100th goal in Premier League action.
Vardy has struggled since the restart but today he finally got his reward and a great pass through in behind the Palace defence was cleverly placed in goal from short distance and Jamie had his 101st goal scored and the 21st this season.
The games after the restart has been difficult, but with the possession and domination we would not go empty handed as Leicester City got their ketchup effect today. 3-0 is a fine result and of course happy to see the team back on winning ways.
- Jamie Vardy again scoring
- 101 goals in PL for Vardy, nice
- Kelechi Iheanacho scoring and showing his strength
- Brendan Rodgers finding the right formation and formula
- Ryan Bennett solid debut and contribution
- A new formation looks to have worked well
- Iheanacho and Vardy both playing well together
- Harvey Barnes the assist king with his 7th and 8th this season
- Struggling in the first half to score from heavy possession
- Player Ratings: Schmeichel 7, Justin 6, Chilwell 6, Evans 6, Soyuncu 6, Tielemans 7, Perez 6, Ndidi 7, Iheanacho 7, Vardy 8, Albrighton 6 Subs: Bennett 7, Praet, Choudhury, Fuchs
- Leicester City, Man of the Match
- Jamie Vardy
Match Stats (H/A):
- Possession: 52 / 48
- Corners: 3 / 7
- Shots on target: 4 / 1
- Fouls: 18 / 8