Brendan Rodgers changed his team back to a perfect set up, and of course everything went smoothly with that line-up, among the best in Premier League and as TCF have said all the way, this is the best line-up and how Leicester City should play, so perfect Brendan Rodgers, you did everything correctly in your selection.Embed from Getty Images
First half was what we could say, controlled and accurate and silently tearing the Newcastle team to pieces and with the talent in this team, a fantastic Wesley Fofana and a defense so compact and totally in balance, you don’t need “big glasses” to see that it worked perfect.
Leicester had the upper hand and Newcastle didn’t create nothing, so hopefully it would blossom going into 2nd half and as we predicted, it was just a perfect attacking display when Jamie Vardy perfectly passed to James Maddison who hammered the ball in the goal from close distance, fantastic and perfect.Embed from Getty Images
Everything was like we would like it to be, with Tielemans scoring the 2nd with a great assist from Marc Albrighton as this selection of players shows how well they are balanced to each other and how movement works fantastic, this is a perfect line-up, and as we did see, tearing Newcastle to pieces.
Leicester had full controll, and with a tired Maddison you would have thought that Brendan Rodgers would just slot in Papy Mendy to just controll the game out, but he instead went for a defensive move and chose Caglar Soyuncu instead. This disrupted the balance and the structure change resulted in a quick responce from Newcastle, Andy Carroll scoring from close range.Embed from Getty Images
This team can go places, and fantastic with three new points, thanks to a perfect picked team that really knows how to play a game of football. Picking this team game in and game out can see Leicester City as winners of the Premier League. Player by player a strong force and just perfectly balanced, and hopefully Brendan Rodgers will get a bit more bold in his approach and build on this fantastic eleven. The structure of four in the back, three in midfield and three up front, makes it all perfect.
- Fielding a well balanced team
- 4-3-3. Maddison and Tielemans, together with Ndidi, the best midfield in the PL
- Wesley Fofana, great player, Jonny Evans, fantastic, best defense in the PL
- Barnes, Vardy and Albrighton, great trio, perfectly balanced
- Marc Albrighton, what a way to celebrate his 200th appearance, legend stuff
- Not much, probably a risky change at the end, but it worked out anyway
- Player Ratings: Schmeichel 6, Justin 7, Castagne 6, Evans 7, Fofana 8, Tielemans 8, Maddison 7, Ndidi 7, Vardy 8, Barnes 7, Albrighton 8 Subs: Soyuncu
- Leicester City, Man of the Match
- Marc Albrighton
Match Stats (H/A):
- Possession: 43 / 57
- Corners: 3 / 6
- Shots on target: 2 / 3
- Fouls: 10 / 11